IHHT – Interval Hypoxia Hyperoxia Training
Interval hypoxia hyperoxia training (IHHT) is a type of respiratory therapy that has the ability to control our small power plants in the cells. the mitochondria – to regenerate and multiply. Here planted in the smallest part of the body, the therapy has effects and effects on all organs, all systems, all tissues of the body – that is, the body as a whole. It thus serves as a true and true basic therapy on the way to health!
The idea of IHHT
During the interval hypoxia hyperoxia training (IHHT), the patient takes turns to inhale oxygen-poor and oxygen-rich or low-oxygen air and normal air via a breathing mask over a period of approximately 30-60 minutes. As the name suggests, this happens during the 30-60 minutes at intervals – e.g. 3 minutes of normal air and 7 minutes of low-oxygen air.
The low-oxygen air corresponds to the altitude air at an altitude of between 400-6,500 meters. So it’s like climbing a mountain three or four times in that period – just that you’re relaxed and comfortable!
The high air sets a stimulus in the body. More specifically, it places a stimulus in our body cells. This leads to mitochondria regenerating and healthymitochondria to be re-formed.
Thus, the body has more energy at its disposal in each individual cell and energy drives everything in the body!
I work in my practice with an IHHT device from the company Höhenbalance.
What is the process of
Interval hypoxia hyperoxia (IHHT)?
Before and after the first application of the IHHT, we will provide you with a HRV measurement (heart rate variability measurement) Perform. It gives me information about the current state of your vegetative nervous system. This regulates the organs, tissues and structures of your body via the nervous system. After the application of the IHHT, the measurement is usually improved by a significant amount. Consequently, we can see how well the IHHT works for you.
Procedure of the application
During the IHHT you will be relaxed and extremely comfortable on a lounger. Using a breathing mask, you take turns to inhale oxygen-poor and oxygen-rich or low-oxygen and normal air over a period of about 30-60 minutes.
During this time, you listen to equally relaxed music via headphones, so that you actually “come down” once.
In addition, your heart rate and the oxygen content of your blood are continuously measured via a so-called pulse oximeter on one finger and recorded by the device for control.
After use, you should drink a lot for the rest of the day and take care of yourself. Finally, the application of interval hypoxia hyperoxia (IHHT) is a bit like a small sports unit for the body to consider.
Frequency of use
At the beginning it is recommended to enjoy such an application 1-2 times a week, gladly over a period of 4 weeks. After that, the applications can be used less frequently.
Many people enjoy it so much that they like to come back once a week or every 14 days.
The interval hypoxia hyperoxia training (IHHT) does not really have side effects. As a result, it cannot really be “overdosed”. We humans expose our bodies to many harmful influences in everyday life. Thus, it makes perfect sense to use the balancing effect of interval hypoxia hyperoxia training (IHHT) time and again.
The intervals, the duration of use and also the height of the mountain that you climb during the application are determined by me individually tailored to you before an application. However, all these parameters are always flexible, even during a running application, customizable.
What are the positive effects and effects
interval hypoxia-hyperoxia training (IHHT)?
Interval hypoxia hyperoxia training (IHHT) has many positive effects and effects. The effect on mitochondria in particular has a positive effect on almost all organs, tissues and metabolic processes in the body. The mitochondria are the power plants that produce energy in every single body cell.
Here is a small list of the positive effects
effects of interval hypoxia hyperoxia (IHHT):
- Optimization of the cardiovascular system (blood pressure, pulse)
- Improvement of capillary circulation (thus effect on the heart, but also on e.g. tinnitus)
- Support for the functions of the sensory organs
- Strengthening the immune system
- Balancing the hormonal system
- Metabolic optimization – promoting weight loss
- Strengthening the muscular apparatus
- Improving the general condition
- Higher concentration ability / memory performance
- Less fatigue
- Better sleep
- Better wound healing, including better and faster swelling of edema
- Improvement of athletic performance/sports training
- Improved stress resistance – improved and easier handling of stress
- positive effects on burnout
For whom is this
Interval Hypoxia Hyperoxia Training (IHHT)?
The interval hypoxia hyperoxia training (IHHT) is suitable for every person as you can imagine. Since it starts at the core and really supports and builds the body in its BASIS, it can be used for a wide variety of diseases/complaints. Accordingly, the list below is certainly not yet complete and can and will be added/extended at any time.
Interval hypoxia hyperoxia training (IHHT) can be used for:
- Adrenal weakness
- Disorders of general well-being (fatigue, difficulty concentrating, weakness…)
- Cardiovascular disease
- Blood pressure problems
- Hormonal imbalances of any kind
- Metabolic syndrome (overweight, insulin resistance)
- Smokers (to improve capillary circulation)
- Muscle weakness of any kind (from age to athletes)
- Complaints of the sensory organs (tinnitus, deterioration of hearing or olfactory capacity, misperceptions of taste….)
- Micronutrient deficiency (stimulation of mitochondria promotes better micronutrient absorption and processing)
- Supportive with any other type of disease possible
Actual, negative side effects does not really include interval hypoxia hyperoxia (IHHT). You may be able to experience the following general phenomena during or after the application:
- mild headache
- slight dizziness
- slight increase in pulse (during training/use)
- physical weakness (often a kind of “initial reaction”)
- slight muscle twitching or muscle tremors
In addition, there are a few indications in which interval hypoxia hyperoxia training (IHHT) should not be used for precaution. There is not enough experience here.
- Acute infections of the upper respiratory tract
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) Grade III and IV
- Heart failure Grade III and IV
- Myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscle)
- Grade 3 hypertension
- Acute stomach/intestinal ulcers
- Acute inflammation (especially of the kidneys, middle ear…)
Here in a nutshell the pure IHHT application prices. Any additional infusions will be charged extra depending on the type and scope.
- Including. Micronutrient drink
- Including. one micronutrient drink per application